With the Copy strategy feature, you can use the same seeding strategy on several fields. If you have already created a seeding map with the parameters you want to repeat on other fields, you can do so within a few clicks!
1. Open a seeding map with a strategy you would like to copy and apply to other fields.
If you don’t have any seeding maps yet, go to the article about Seeding map creation.
2. Click the Copy strategy button.
3. The seeding map that strategy you are about to copy is considered as the original. To apply the strategy to other fields, choose them from the list by clicking the checkboxes.
You can only select fields with the active season!
SKYFLD tries to match base maps used for the original strategy with those available for the selected fields.
Depending on the fields location, biomass maps creation dates, and cloud coverage, there are 3 possible outcomes of the automatic matching process:
- All base maps matched (the button is blue): SKYFLD found biomass maps created on the same date as the maps from the original strategy and preselected them for new seeding map creation. If you want to use different base maps, you can open the list and select them manually.
- Several base maps matched (the button is white): only a few biomass maps have the same creation date as the maps from the original strategy. In this case, you can open the list and add more base maps manually.
- 0 base maps matched (the button is orange): no biomass maps were created on the same day as the original base maps. To proceed, you have to select base maps manually.
To select/change base maps, click the button under the field name.
There are 3 buttons in the dialogue window (the same you see while creating application maps manually). Each one represents a different map type. Click the + Biomass map button to browse available items. Soil and Yield Maps are not included in automatic preselection. You can upload them now.
For each field, you can select more base maps than used for the original map creation.
4. After you finish the base maps selection/upload, click the Apply button. Maps creation may take up to several minutes. You can leave the page - all generated maps will be saved in the fields details.
If you decide to wait until the end of the creation process, you will see the summary of the parameters concerning all of the created maps:
- The total amount of seeds
- Machinery type
- Maps preview
You can click on each seeding map to display it on the field.
Export generated maps
Scroll down, and click the Export button. Now, you can review the maps or edit the selection.
To proceed, click the Export button again. The dialogue window opens where you choose the terminal or the file type. To open the list of devices and formats, click .
To complete the process click the Export button.
Delete generated maps
If you are unsatisfied with the outcome, you can delete newly created maps immediately. Click the Delete button, mark the maps you want to get rid of, and click Delete once again. Remember that this action is not reversible!