What is Plantix
Plantix is a pest and disease recognition system based on Artificial Intelligence. It can diagnose pest damage, plant diseases, and nutrient deficiencies from the plant photos uploaded to SKYFLD. Additionally, it recommends possible treatments.
Thanks to Plantix and immediate problem diagnosis, farmers can reduce the costs of crop protection products and react on time, even without consultation with agronomists or crop advisors. Right now, Plantix can identify about 400 damages on 60 different crops.
How does it work?
After adding a photo to a task, scouting note, or comment, Plantix starts the image recognition process. Thanks to the robust database and deep learning, artificial intelligence can recognize many different problems at once and assess the diagnosis accuracy. As a result, SKYFLD displays:
- disease/pests common and scientific names
- Pathogen class
- Symptoms list
- Detailed symptoms description
- Suggested chemical treatment
Based on that information, you can take immediate action and better protect your crops.
Why are results not appearing?
AI pests and disease recognition results are available immediately after photo upload. However, if they don’t appear after several minutes, there might be a few reasons for that:
- Your crop is healthy.
- The pests/disease/nutrient deficiency visible in the photo is missing in the Plantix database.
- AI recognized some problems, but the likelihood of correct diagnosis is too low. In such cases, we don’t display the results to avoid sharing misleading information.
- The photo quality is poor, or the focus is not on the object.
How to use Plantix in SKYFLD?
Plantix works automatically with all images you attach to scouting notes, tasks, and comments. It means that the AI system will try to recognize and diagnose your crops based on photos you take on your fields using the SKYFLD APP or attach from the desktop version of SKYFLD.
To learn more about using Plantix, read the dedicated articles: