You can browse, create and manage tasks using the SKYFLD APP.
You can create and manage tasks in several ways. In this article, we will discuss all possibilities so that you can find the most convenient one for you! Read through or jump directly to the section of your interest:
Tasks - general information
Regardless of how you create a task, its structure remains the same. Below we will explain what information you can include within a task.
1. Task type - selecting a task type is obligatory. You cannot skip this step and create a task without assigning a type. There are several work orders and field activities available.
- Soil preparation
- Seed treatment
- Seeding / planting
- Spreading / fertilization
- Spraying / application
- Field visit
- Field report
2. Field - each task is connected with one field. You cannot create a task without defining it. If you create a task out of a scouting note, the field will already be selected.
3. Deadline - defining a date or period for task completion is obligatory. Tasks are displayed in order based on the deadline. If the deadline was missed, the task is labelled as DUE.
4. Priority - defining a task’s priority is optional. By adding this information, you can ensure that tasks will grab the required attention.
5. Assign - you can assign people with whom you share a farm or field(s). You will see their names and roles on the list. Depending on the shared data, the list may differ for each field. By assigning tasks in SKYFLD, you improve the workflow on your farm.
6. Description - adding text information to a task is obligatory. It has to be at least 3 characters long.
7. Pin or area - in SKYFLD, you can precisely mark the spot or area a task refers to.
Using the pin, you can add a point to the map showing the exact latitude and longitude, making it easy to find that spot on the field.
If you add the area, SKYFLD will display its size in hectares and coordinates of the marked area’s central point.
8. Attachments - optionally, you can upload attachments, such as files or photos, from your device. The number of attachments is unlimited. One file can’t be bigger than 20 MB.
Below is an example of a task with all the details.
How to add tasks
You can start creating a task in several ways. After you log in to SKYFLD, you may go to the Tasks view by clicking on it in the left menu panel. Here, click on the blue button + New task.
You can also create a task from the field details view. Click the selected field on the fields list or the map. Scroll down until you reach the Field Activities. Click on the blue "+" button and select Task.
Alternatively, you can create a task out of the scouting note.
Now, regardless of the way you decided to create your task, follow the steps described below:
1. Select a task type
There are several work orders and field activities available. If you create a task out of the scouting note, the list of task types will be limited based on the note's category.
2. Select a field
Skip this step if you create a task out of a scouting note. In this case, the field is already selected and matches the field from the note.
Click on the Select Field section to open the list. Next, click on the field you want to create a task for.
Besides the field name, you can see its size and the icon representing the current crop.
3. Set a deadline
Select the date or period defining when the task should be completed. Click on the calendar to choose a single date, or click on the + End date button to set up the date range.
If you want to remove the end date and set the deadline as a single day, click the “X” on the End date button.
4. Click on the + Priority button and select one from the list:
Adding priority makes it easy for your team members to recognize tasks that require immediate attention.
To change the priority, click on “X” next to the priority label and choose the right one from the list.
5. Click on the + Assign button and select people from the list. Here you can see yourself and all team members / farm workers that have access to your farm or the selected field. To confirm your choice, click done.
If an assigned team member(s) turns on e-mail/push notifications, they will be notified about a new task.
By assigning the right people to the tasks, you can fast-forward the information exchange, improve activities planning and create a better workflow.
You can assign a task to yourself to see it on the Assigned to me tab and receive notifications about any changes and comments.
If you want to unassign a note, click on the "X" next to the team member's name.
6. To add the text, start typing in the description box. Your task description can be 4000 characters long. The minimum length is 3 characters.
7. SKYFLD enables the creation of georeferenced tasks. You can connect them with a specific point or area on your field:
Click on the pin icon. The options bar opens on the map, where you can change the pin's color and placement. Click on the map to move the pin. Changes are saved automatically. At the window, you can see the coordinates of your pin.
Click on the area icon. The options bar opens on the map, where you can change the marked area color. Draw the area by clicking on the map. You can use the undo button to insert changes or close the shape and move the pins.
To switch from the pin to the area (or the other way round), click "X" on the view saved below the description. Then, start over the marking process.
8. You can add attachments such as photos and files. Click on the paperclip icon and choose the file from your device. SKYFLD supports the following formats:
The maximum file size is 20MB. There is no limitation in terms of the number of attachments.
Click the Save button to finish the task creation process. Now, you can access the task from the list, field details, or Feed.
Comments in tasks
SKYFLD makes communication between farm workers easier. If you and your team members need to discuss task details, use the comment section to keep all information in one place.
You will see the red indicator with a number if there is a new comment in your tasks. After opening the Task view, the comment icon will be displayed next to the field name.
You can add comments to all tasks if:
- you are the Farm Owner
- you were granted Full access to the farm/field.
- you were granted Coworker access to the farm/field
You can browse through the tasks and read comments if you have Viewer access.
To access the comments, open the selected task and scroll down or click the comment icon.
Click on Add comment to add your text, pin or mark area and share attachments. Your comment can be as long as 1024 characters.
You can also delete and edit your comments. To do so, click on Edit or Delete, displayed above the text.
Editing & deleting tasks
How to edit a task
To edit a task, go to the selected one (either from the Tasks view, field details or from the Feed), open the detailed view and click on the pencil icon. Then, apply changes and confirm by clicking Save.
- How to delete a task
To delete a task, go to the selected one (either from the Tasks view, field details or from the Feed), open the detailed view and click on the 3 dots at the top of the screen. A dialogue window opens, where you have to confirm your choice.
Remember that deleting a task is a permanent action, and you will not be able to restore the data.