🌟 The availability of features depends on your subscription plan.
If you are on the SKYFLD Basic Plan, you have limited access to scouting notes: you can not see the content created by your team members, and you can not post comments. Learn more about the benefits of the SKYFLD Pro Plan and unlock all features.
You can browse, create and manage scouting notes using the SKYFLD APP.
You can create and manage scouting notes in several ways. In this article, we will discuss all possibilities so that you can find the most convenient one for you! Read through or jump directly to the section of your interest:
- Scouting notes - general information
- How to create scouting notes
- Comments in scouting notes
- Editing & deleting scouting notes
Scouting notes - general information
Regardless of how you create a scouting note, its structure and elements remain the same. Below we will explain what information you can include within a scouting note.
1. Field - each scouting note is connected with one field. You cannot create a scouting note without defining it.
2. Category & subcategory - adding a category (and subcategory) is optional. However, including this information allows you and other farm workers to quickly identify and recognize scouting notes on the list.
3. Priority - defining the note’s priority is optional. By adding this information, you can ensure that notes will grab the required attention.
4. Assign - you can assign people with whom you share a farm or field(s). You will see their names and roles on the list. The list may be different for each field, depending on the shared data.
5. Description - adding text in a scouting note is obligatory. It has to be at least 3 characters long.
6. Pin or area - in SKYFLD, you can precisely mark the spot or area a scouting note refers to.
Using the pin, you can add a point to the map showing the exact latitude and longitude, making it easy to find that spot on the field.
If you decide on adding the area, SKYFLD will display its size in hectares and coordinates of the marked area’s central point.
7. Attachments - optionally, you can upload attachments from your device.
8. Scouting time - by default, scouting time is set as the time of the note creation, but you can edit it and choose any past date.
Below is an example of a scouting note with all the details.
How to create scouting notes
You can start creating a Scouting note in several ways. After you log in to SKYFLD, you may go to the Scouting category by clicking on it in the left menu panel. Here you see all of the notes assigned to you, created by you or shared with you. Next, click the blue button + New scouting note.
You can also create a scouting note from the field details view. Click the selected field on the fields list or the map. Scroll down until you reach the Field Activities. Click the blue "+" button and select Scouting note.
Scouting note creation is also possible from the level of the Biomass distribution graph. After you click the field, you see the Distribution and vitality button. Click it to open the details. Here, click + Create scouting note.
Now, regardless of the way you decided to create your scouting note, follow the steps described below:
1. Select a field
Skip this step if you started note creation from the field level or Biomass distribution. In those cases, the field is already selected.
Click the Select Field section to open the list. Next, click the field you want to create a scouting note for.
Besides the field name, you can see its size and the icon representing the current crop.
2. Click the + Category button. You can assign one of the main categories:
Additionally, you can assign a subcategory - click the arrow to open the list.
If you created scouting notes before the release of SKYFLD new version, they may have the old category names, for example, Entrance or Zero Plot. You can edit them and choose new categories. Remember that if you edit the categories, you will not be able to return to the old names
To change the category, click the “X” next to the category name, and select the right one from the list.
3. Click the + Priority button and select one from the list:
Adding priority makes it easy for your team members to recognize notes that require immediate attention.
To change the priority, click “X” next to the priority label and choose the right one from the list.
4. Click the + Assign button and select people from the list. Here you can see yourself and all team members / farm workers that have access to your farm or the selected field. To confirm your choice, click done.
By assigning the right people to the scouting notes, you can fast-forward the information exchange, improve activities planning and create a better workflow.
You can assign a note to yourself so you see it on the Assigned to me tab and receive notifications about any changes and comments.
If you want to unassign a note, click the "X" next to the team member's name.
5. To add the text, start typing in the description box. Your scouting note can be 4000 characters long. The minimum length is 3 characters.
6. SKYFLD enables the creation of georeferenced scouting notes. You can connect your note with a specific point or area on your field:
Click the pin icon. The extra window opens on the map, where you can change the pin's color and placement. Click the map to move the pin. Changes are saved automatically. At the window, you can see the coordinates of your pin.
Click the area icon. The extra window opens on the map, where you can change the marked area color. Draw the area by clicking on the map. You can use the undo button to insert changes or close the shape and move the pins.
To switch from the pin to the area (or the other way round), click "X" on the view saved below the description. Then, start over the marking process.
7. You can add attachments such as photos and files. Click the paperclip icon and choose the file from your device. SKYFLD supports the following formats:
The maximum file size is 20MB. There is no limitation in terms of the number of attachments.
If you attach photos to your scouting notes, the AI-based system powered by Plantix will automatically diagnose your crops. Based on images, Plantix can recognise pests, diseases, and nutrient deficiencies. As a result, you will receive symptom details and the proposed treatment. Learn more about Plantix and take the best care of your crops!
8. Before you save the note, you can set up the scouting time. By default, it’s the creation time. Click edit to choose any past date. Scouting time decides on the display order.
The order in which scouting notes are displayed depends on the scouting time. By default, it is the scouting note creation time, but you can edit it.
Click the Save button to finish the scouting note creation process. Now, you can access the note from the list, from the field details or from the map.
Comments in scouting notes
SKYFLD makes communication between farm workers easier. Instead of using non-professional tools or apps to discuss farm-related issues, you can exchange opinions and information in comments added to scouting notes. Keep the conversation in one place!
You will see the red indicator with a number if there is a new comment in your scouting notes. After opening the Scouting tab, the comment icon will be displayed next to the field name.
You can add comments to all scouting notes, if:
- you are the Farm Owner
- you were granted Full access to the farm/field.
- you were granted Coworker access to the farm/field
You can browse through the notes and read comments if you have Viewer access.
To access the comments, open the selected scouting note and scroll down:
Click Add comment to add your text, pin or mark area and share attachments. Your comment can be as long as 1024 characters.
You can also delete and edit your comments. To do so, click Edit or Delete displayed above the text. People assigned to the note that comments refer to will receive a message about changes if their account settings allow notifications.
Editing & deleting scouting notes
- How to edit a scouting note
To edit a scouting note, go to the selected one (either from the scouting tab, field details or the map), open the detailed view and click the pencil icon. Then, apply changes and confirm by clicking Save.
- How to delete a scouting note
To delete a scouting note, go to the selected one (either from the scouting tab, field details or the map), open the detailed view and click the 3 dots at the top of the screen. A dialogue window opens, where you have to confirm your choice.
Remember that deleting a note is a permanent action, and you will not be able to restore the data.