Once you have created a field in SKYFLD® you can download a shapefile, or a package of files containing spatial information about the shape and location of the field. Every shapefile that you download this way includes files of the following formats:
- .cpg - an optional file with information about what type of character encoding was used (for example, UTF-8)
- .prj- an optional file that stores information about the coordinates system.
How to export a shapefile
- Click on the My Farm icon on the right. If you have more than one farm, make sure to open the one that includes the field you want to export.
- Open the list of your fields at the bottom of the page:
- Choose the field that you want to export and click on the Settings icon:
- Select the Export shape file option:
- Your file package will start downloading automatically. You can then open it from your browser's download folder.
To include several formats in a single downloadable file, we have compressed them into a .zip package. Depending on your operating system, you might need to unpack it before you access the shapefile.