To create a field, open the Fields menu at the bottom of the map and click Add Field.
Alternatively, if you already have at least one field, you can select it, open field details and choose the Create new field option from the menu:
Step 1: Draw the shape of your field
In case you already have the details of your field stored in a KML file or a shapefile, you can upload them by clicking on the button in the upper right corner.
1. If you don’t have a KML file or a shapefile, you will need to draw the field yourself.
Find the location of your field. You can use the search option or do it manually by using the map. If you click the icon, you will go to the address of your farm.
Tip: On mobile devices, you will see the icon. Click on it to go to your current location - in this case, your browser will ask for your permission first.
2. Outline your field by clicking on the map:
If you make a mistake while drawing, you can correct it with the Undo button:
Once you have closed the shape, you can adjust it by moving the pins:
If there is an area inside of your field shape that you don’t want to include in your maps (for example, a pond), you can remove it by using the Cut out option.
To delete your current field shape and start over, click the Delete button.
3. When you have finished, press Next.
Step 2: Set up the tramline orientation
1. Click on the blue circle and move it to set up the orientation. On the preview you see the angle changing. You can change the angle manually by entering the value or regulate it using arrows. The tramlines’ orientation ranges from -90 to 90 degrees.
2. Once set up, click the Next button.
Step 3: Add the name of your field and crop information
1. Enter the name of your field.
2. Select your current crop from the list. You can also enter its variety below.
3. Choose when your field was seeded. If it hasn’t been planted yet, tick the Not seeded yet box.
4. If you want to get more out of SKYFLD® and achieve better results when creating fertilization or seeding maps, tick the Previous crop box and provide more information:
Select your crop and its variety (optional), and choose the seeding and harvesting date. You can also enter the crop yield in tonnes or upload a yield map.
5. Once you have entered all the information, click Finish.
Your new field has been created. Remember that it might take several minutes for the first biomass maps to appear.