If this is your first time logging in to SKYFLD, we will ask you to create your farm right away. If you already have a farm, click on the arrow next to your farm’s name and click + Create new farm.
Step 1: Enter the name and address information of your farm
You can use your farm address or latitude and longitude to define its location. Enter the data into empty spaces.
Click next to proceed.
Step 2: Create a field
If you already have the details of your field stored in a KML file or a shapefile, you can upload them by clicking on the button in the upper right corner.
If you don’t have a KML file or a shapefile, you can select the field from the map or draw it yourself. Find its location by entering the address, using GPS coordinates or clicking the home icon - it will redirect you to your farm address.
White shapes indicate the boundaries. Once you click on the chosen field, you will see the total area in hectares.
Field selection is now available only for farms located in:
If you don't see the white boundaries of the fields in the Select Field option, please choose the Draw option.
If you want to draw the field, switch to that option - click on the Draw button at the bottom of the map.
If you make a mistake while drawing, you can correct it with the Undo button. After you close the shape, you can adjust it by moving the pins:
If there is an area inside of your field shape that you don’t want to include in your maps (for example, a pond), you can remove it by using the Cut out option. To delete your current field shape and start over, click the Delete button.
After you select or draw your field, click Next.
Step 3: Set up tramlines
SKYFLD is the only application on the market that adjusts the pixel orientation of the maps based on the tramlines you set up. This helps you to create more realistic zoning for your variable application maps. The amount of seeds, fertilizers, or other substances can be applied with better precision when you adjust the tramline before creating a variable application map.
In our onboarding guide, we list the steps you need to take to set up the tramlines for your field:
- Zoom in to the field boundary
- Click on the blue circle
- Move blue circle until lines match up with tramlines direction
- Double check the direction and click Next
Step 4: Add the name of your field and crop information
1. Enter the name of your field.
2. Optionally, you can enter Field ID.
3. Select your current crop from the list. You can also enter its variety below.
4. Enter the seeding date. If it hasn’t been planted yet, tick the Not seeded yet box.
5. You can also decide to show the information about the crop as the current season. To learn more about seasons, read this article.
6. If you want to get more out of SKYFLD and achieve better results when creating application maps, tick the Previous crop box and provide more information.
Select your crop and its variety (optional), and choose the seeding and harvesting date. Enter the crop yield in tonnes.
7. Once you have entered all the information, click Finish.
All done! Your farm and its field have now been created. Remember that it might take several minutes for the first biomass maps to appear.