- What is CropX?
- How to connect the CropX account with SKYFLD?
- Where can I find the sensor’s serial number?
- How can I assign a sensor to a field?
- How can I find unassigned sensors?
- Where can I find the latest readings?
- What is ECp(dS/m)?
- How to disconnect CropX?
1. What is CropX?
CropX provides farmers with insights concerning soil moisture in their fields based on real-time sensor measurements. Thanks to accurate readings, you can save resources, optimize irrigation and prevent water stress. Here you can learn how to benefit from using CropX and SKYFLD integration.
A CropX sensor is a probe that you install on your field. It measures soil moisture, temperature, and electrical conductivity. The readings are collected every 30 minutes.
If you integrate your CropX account with SKYFLD, you will get:
- Soil moisture, temperature, and electrical conductivity information in field details
- Descriptive insights
- Leaching calendar
- Extra map layer showing soil moisture level
You don’t have a sensor yet? Here you can get one!
2. How to connect the CropX account with SKYFLD?
IMPORTANT: Prior to integrating CropX with SKYFLD, you should register to CropX, set up your farm and fields in the CropX system, and install your sensor(s) on the fields.
To manage the CropX and SKYFLD integration, go to the Farm Settings.
In the Integrations tab, click the Connect CropX account button.
The popup appears where you have to enter the e-mail address you used to create your CropX account. Below the e-mail, enter the serial number of one of your sensors. Providing a serial number is required for verification. Click the Connect button.
Importing CropX data may take a while.
You can also connect your CropX account from the field details view. Click on a field and scroll down to the Soil Moisture section. Next, click Connect CropX and follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
After a successful connection, you can assign sensors to your fields.
3. Where can I find the sensor’s serial number?
Sensor serial number format: V000000
- If you have installed sensors on your fields and completed the configuration, open the CropX app and go to Sensors view. Here you see all your sensors’ names with the serial numbers in brackets.
- If you have the original packaging, the serial number might be printed there.
- You can find the serial number on the probe under the QR code.
- If you have problems finding the serial number, please contact the CropX support team.
4. How can I assign a sensor to a field?
After a successful connection with your CropX account, you will see sensor pins on the map. If they are not visible, click Options at the bottom right corner of the screen. Here, select CropX sensors in Visible pins.
Click one of the orange sensor pins. The drawer opens on the left side of your screen. Click Assign.
In the pop-up, open the list of your fields. Click the selected one, and click Save to confirm your choice.
Once assigned, the sensor pin will turn from orange to blue. On hover, you will see the summary of the latest reading along with the field details.
Repeat these steps for all your sensors.
5. How can I find unassigned sensors?
Open map Options and select CropX sensors in Visible pins.
Orange pins represent unassigned sensors. Click a pin to assign your sensor.
6. Where can I find the latest readings?
- Hover over the blue sensor pin to see the soil moisture status for a given field.
- Go to the map Options and select the Soil moisture status field layer. You will see different colors of overlays on your fields. Each color represents another soil moisture status. It will help you to recognize areas that require irrigation.
- Go to Field details and scroll down to the Soil Moisture section. Click Show all, or click the blue sensor pin displayed on the field.
At the top, you see sensor data: serial number, status (online/offline/weak signal/low battery/uninstalled), battery level, and date of the last reading.
Below is a scale showing the current moisture level and insights that may help to understand the readings. Click Additional information to open the descriptions of insights.
Under the insights, there’s a table with precise soil moisture values, temperature, and electrical conductivity measurements.
You can check historical readings by clicking on the graph.
If your sensors take measures on 3 different depths, it will be reflected in the table and graph. The number of measurement points depends on the sensor model.
At the bottom of the section, you can check the leaching history: leaching days in the last 30 days and days since the last leaching. You can also go through the calendar.
To learn more about using data provided by CropX, read this article.
7. What is ECp(dS/m)?
Electrical conductivity (ECp) is the metric of the salt content in the soil. It is expressed in deciSiemens per meter.
8. How to disconnect CropX?
If you decide to disconnect your CropX account from SKYFLD, you will no longer see the Soil moisture status map layer, sensor pins, and readings in field details.
Go to the Farm Settings.
In the Integrations tab, click the Disconnect button and confirm your choice.
- I'm trying to connect with the CropX account, but I get an error message.
1. Please check if your e-mail and sensor serial number are correct. Enter the e-mail address you used to register to CropX. If you have several sensors, try to enter a serial number from another sensor. Where can I find the sensor’s serial number?
2. Make sure you have installed your sensor in the CropX app! Otherwise, SKYFLD will not recognise your sensor, and you will not be able to integrate the accounts.
3. If you purchased your sensor before June 2023, please send us your CropX registration e-mail and serial numbers of all sensors you want to see in SKYFLD. We have to run a special configuration on our side so that you can see the readings in the field details.
Send the details to connect with CropX
- What happens if a sensor’s battery is fully discharged?
At the top of the Soil Moisture view, you will see a 0% battery level. You will have access to historical readings, but new readings will only appear once you charge the battery.
How to charge the battery?
- I need help with hardware problems.
Please visit CropX Help Center.
- I have installed a sensor, but SKYFLD shows “No data”.
First, make sure you have registered to CropX and completed the configuration in the CropX app. Sensors are not directly connected with SKYFLD.
If you see readings in CropX but SKYLFD shows “No data”, refresh the page. Please contact our support if the readings do not appear in SKYLFD after several hours.
- I connected with the CropX account but can't see all my sensors.
Please send us the missing sensors' serial numbers so we can add them manually.